|Featured on TheWOWMom.ca|
This little blog is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm always looking for cool partnerships. I have a loyal following of readers around the world -- mostly moms, but not all -- and occasionally do sponsored posts, giveaways, and product reviews.
I've worked with brands like Fusion Mineral Paint, Modern Littles, EiEiHomes, Little Live Pets, Beados Canada, Chairish, miWorld, Pearl & Daisy Natural Soap Company, Shutterfly, Vicks, Braun, Put Me in the Story, Smart Mom, and Tommee Tippee.
I stick to three main categories for this stuff -- DIY/home decor items, kids' stuff, and writer/professional things (like, maybe notebooks? This has not happened yet, despite my effusive love of beautiful notebooks).
So if you're looking to promote one of the above things, I want to hear about it!
Want me to speak into a mic?
I'm available for speaking gigs, and I have yet to throw up on stage (you're welcome in advance). People tell me I'm pretty good at it, so this is the part where I should write an epic third-person description of how I'm funny and interesting on stage. I'll just embed some tweets instead. It seems more modest somehow.
@BlogJamAtlantic @HFXHeather was🔥Her personality really shone thru &even tho I'm a fshn blgr I found myself thinking HOW CAN I WORK WITH HER— Dee Silkie (@DeeSilkie) November 6, 2016
Loved every single part of #Blogjam2016 BUT the highlight for me was listening to @HFXHeather. Thanks for all inspo, you're a boss babe.— Alex Vautour (@alexvautour) November 6, 2016
A brief list of places I've spoken:
- BlogJam2016 (Pier 21, Halifax NS)
- The 2015 Canadian Association of Journalists annual conference (Atlantic Hotel, Halifax NS)
- Fall Ideal Home Show 2016 (Halifax Exhibition Centre, Halifax NS)
- Fall Ideal Home Show 2015 (Halifax Exhibition Centre, Halifax NS)
- My own kitchen, likely to children who aren't listening
Want me to teach something?
If I hadn't gone to school for journalism, I suspect I would have become a teacher -- but it was really only to write on chalkboards and decorate bulletin boards, so I really dodged a bullet because I think I would have hated the rest of it. Also, schools don't even use chalkboards anymore!
Seriously, though, I have led professional development seminars and educational-ish talks for teachers and students. No chalk required.
A brief list of topics I can teach*
- Blogging 101, Balancing your blog, content for blogs, anything blog-related it seems
- Creative communication in young children (basic ASL + storytelling skills)
- Interviewing + reporting techniques (basic journalism skills, usually for the junior high level)
- Surviving and thriving as a freelancer (budgeting, scheduling, etc.)
- Creating something from nothing (the power of DIY on a budget)
- Why you shouldn't be scared of power tools (basic woodworking)
- Beginning sewing / garment sewing
*Um, I'm not a qualified teacher, as my teacher-friends remind me! Should we say "instruct" instead maybe?
For information on advertising or working together, send me an email and we'll chat!